Property agent's have similar obligations under the Residential Tenancy Act as private property owners – see Being a property owner. However the RDA also provide an online service for registered agents to assist with the process of lodging and claiming bonds.
Agent / User Registration
What is it and who can use it?
- This is an online service is available for:
- real estate agents managing properties
- groups who manage multiple properties with various people signing bond documentation on behalf of the organisation (eg community groups or family trusts)
- It gives users online access and allows registered users to:
- lodge bonds electronically; and
- view all bonds registered to the user.
How to apply?
- Complete a User Registration form. Telephone Advisory Services on 1300 65 44 99 or email email@example.com to have a form sent to you.
- The form must be signed by every officer who is authorised to sign on behalf of your group or organisation.
- The RDA will issue an Agent ID number which will need to be used on any future lodgements and claims from your organisation.
Using the agent/user registration
- The Agent ID number and signature of an authorised officer must be used on all forms.
- Using an Agent ID number means generic contact information (eg the organisation name, address, bank account) does not need to be completed each time a lodgement or claim is submitted.
- The RDA will only process payments to the organisation's registered bank account details.
- Notifications from the RDA will be sent via email to the registered email address. It is important that this information is accurate and up to date.
- Lodgements can be completed online, however original lodgement forms including EFT remittances need to be posted to the RDA.
- All agent information must be kept up to date. If the information needs to be updated, please email the RDA@justice.tas.gov.au and you will be sent a new user registration form. This must be completed will all new and updated information and re-submitted to the RDA.